It’s a bit of a busy weekend for the hardcore PSP homebrew fans. We’ve only just reported on the 1.50 kernel add-on for CFW 4.01 M33, and now Dark AleX has let loose an update for Team M33′s latest custom PSP firmware.
The 4.01 M33-2 update, comes with the following bugfixes:
* Nids resolver: Fixed scePowerGetCpuClockFrequency issue. This is the same bug that happened in 3.80 M33-1, it won’t happen again ¬¬
* Fixes recovery problems that have apperared in prior version (incorrect position of back string in language others than english, enable, and disabled strings not translated in plugins, hide pic0+pic1 couldn’t be changed, language file in flash1 wasn’t working..
* Spanish recovery translation typos fixed.
The download awaits below. You can never be too careful, so make sure that you know what you’re doing before running this update. Don’t forget to read the readme.
Download Location 1
Download Location 2
Dark AleX’s CFW 4.01 M33 is finally here! Changes include:
- Bug fix: vshmenu didn’t let change camera mode due to camera_plugin using select button.
Fixed, now vsh menu will not be loaded when using the camera.
- Recovery can now be translated, See how below. Translation to spanish is autoincluded.
- Updated the M33 SDK with a new function and sample, and released the psp-packer tool to
compress prx’s and PBP’s in the ~PSP format.
- The folder of 4.01 and highre homebrew will be GAME4XX so it won’t need change on update.
Download CFW here location 1
Download CFW here location 2
As a follow up to the release of the official firmware 4.00 for the PlayStation Portable, Sony announced that firmware revision 4.01 will be released shortly. The new update is simply geared toward the features newly introduced in FW 4.00, which is the Google Search function and the slowdown/speed-up of movie playback. The changes to be expected are just as numerous as last time:
* Display of search results under Internet Search has been improved for certain languages.
* Playback of video content under Video has been improved for certain file types.
Sony calls this only a “minor update,” which seems apt given the small increment in revision number. We believe that the update should arrive close to midnight, though it could be that some regions are updating already.
As for those more concerned about homebrew, we hardly believe that this update could push back the release of Custom Firmware 4.00 M33, lest 4.01 be the new revision number to attain. But we still expect some word to crop up from Team M33 regarding the new development from Sony. More on that as we get them.