We’ve all been waiting for it and it’s here on the dot. PSP Custom Firmware 3.95 GEN-2 has been released by its devs over at PSPGEN and we’ve got the download and the changelog just for you.
As promised, fixes have been made to address issues from the previous version. Installation notes have also been listed below by the devs to make everything easier for you.
* Fixed issue which crashed the PSP if you had vshmenu mode ‘None’.
* Fixed SNES emulator issues, now works fine.
* Fixed few homebrew issues with the Slim.
* Last version of the SNES emulator, PSPTube and many other homebrew using ME now work fine.
For everyone who wants to install 3.95 GEN, you must be on at least 3.71M33.
* Download the package with 3.95 GEN and the popsloader.
* Note: When installing, all your plug-ins will be disabled.
* Connect your PSP to your computer via USB.
* Extract the file you downloaded by right clicking and choosing the option ‘Extract Files To…’.
* Extract the files to your PSP’s assigned letter (for example, X).
* Leave USB Mode.
* Goto GAME > Memory Stick > 3.95 GEN
As always, it would be best if you check out the readme before you install this version of this software. It’s in the archive along with the other files.