In a time when Dark_AleX and Booster creations are, arguably, the creams of the crop, it is always nice to have other options for all of us in the homebrew community. Remember the year-old Custom Firmware 1.50: Media Edition? Well, eiffel56 informed us that he has released Custom Firmware 1.53. So what does this do?
This one is made for FW1.5 loyalists. Basically, it’s a custom firmware which allows you to do more things on your fw 1.50, like starting nokxploited EBOOTS and so on. Here’s what’s new for this release:
* Recovery Menu
* Boot Menu
* Integrated uxMB
* You can start 1.00 style EBOOTS
* You can hide corrupt data icons
* You can start ISO/DAX files
* You can load your own plugins(PRX)
* Autoboot EBOOTs at startup
* Never turn off the backlight in XMB
The dev has provided us with an in-depth readme file that comes with the download. So if this creation tickles your fancy, we suggest that you understand and read the file.